Basics of Leadership - Models, Terms and View From The Bridge
As part of our commitment to leadership development, we've created a comprehensive encyclopedia of questions and answers on all aspects of leadership. Starting with basic principles and terminology, and moving into discussion of more complex real world leadership problems, we have identified the most common questions about leadership and effective leaders, and created this knowledgebase. These pages are updated often so make sure to bookmark this page so you can find it again.
Leadership Models, Terms and Definitions
There is a huge vocabulary that's associated with the study and development of effective leaders, often because there are so many different leadership models and perspectives. Below you'll find brief explanations of leadership models, and key terms.
- What is Situational Leadership - An Overview Of One of The Most Useful Leadership Models And Authored BY Blanchard and Hersey.? (Blanchard and Hersey's popular model)
- What is Charismatic Leadership?
- Leadership Styles and You?
- What is Transformational Leadership - Leading That Creates Change?
- What is Transactional Leadership - Old Style Leadership Approach?
- What is Authentic Leadership? (Bill George)
- What is Servant Leadership? (Robert Greenleaf)
- What is Paternalistic Leadership - Leaders Know Best?
- What is the Personality Trait Approach To Leadership - Most Common Way Non-Psychologists Look At Leadership, but Highly Inaccurate?
- What is Relationship Leadership?
- What is "power over" and why is it important to me as a leader?
- What is "power with", and why is it important to me as a leader?
- What is "leading from the rear" and "leading by polls" - Does This Answer The Question About Why Our Political Leaders Seem So Terrible?
- What is a "thought leader"?
- What is an informal leader - Leaders Don't Need Formal Authority To Lead?